Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Please God make me willing and able.

For the life of me, I could not get myself out there to exercise.  I would wake up when the alarm went off and turn it off.  I would tell myself a variety of reasons why today, I did not need to exercise.  Like:  I would exercise later; it was too cold; too hot; drizzling; my feet hurt; my neck hurt; I was tired; depressed; too busy today; too sleepy…and on and on.

Then I remembered hearing, “Pray for the willingness and the ability.”  Or maybe I read it in the literature.  Anyway, I remembered and I did it.  Last night I did it, and this morning.  “God, please make me willing and able to get out there and walk in the morning.” 

This morning the alarm went off at 5:33AM.  And I shut it off and prayed, “God please give me the willingness and the ability to get out of bed and walk now.”  I kept praying.  Then a miracle happened, I pulled off the covers and got out of bed!  Quickly got on my shorts (the larger size), shirt and hat and I was off! 

It was a beautiful morning.  Lots of fog and cool air.  When I got to the top of the look-out I took a picture.  There was the bending trail and then a bench on the precipice.  Beyond that only foggy nothingness.  Very strange.  I thought, “this is like my life.  I can’t see.  I am blind to know what to do or where to go.  I don’t know, but God does.  ‘I need you God!  I need your guidance.  I turn my will and my life over to Your care.  Your will be done and not mine.  Lead me and guide me.  I turn it all over to You God.  Every moment I have left of this life, every thought, every word, every action.  May my life be as You would most delight God!” 

I heard footsteps behind me, I lowered my outstretched hands and turned around to face the next in line to see this wonder.  “Beautiful view.”  I smiled and they agreed, chuckling.  I walked back on the trail home.  I had been renewed.  Conscious contact made and appreciated.


I continued to walk home.  So grateful for this morning meditation time and repeating, “God please make me willing and able to live as You would most delight.  Please make me willing and able to get up in the morning and exercise.”

No comments:

Post a Comment