Sunday, June 18, 2017

Living Amends to Myself



I am aware today of the power of words. What words do I use when I am talking to myself?  Just for today, I ask my HP for help in recognizing the language and tone of voice I use when I say things to myself. 

I have allowed cruel language to be used in harsh self judgement of myself.  In a meeting today, we were discussing Step Nine.  I realize that the most powerful amends that I can make is to myself.  To make amends means to CHANGE my behavior. 

Just for today I will practice saying kind and loving things to myself or not saying anything at all.  When I see myself in the mirror:  “You are loved by your HP more than you can begin to imagine with your mind!”  “The Power that loves you is the Greatest Power that exists!”  “You are created out of infinite love and that love shines from within you.” 

When I make a mistake:  You are going through a lot sweetheart.  I will be gentle, kind and loving with myself today.  You are doing the best you can in a very challenging situation.  It’s OK love.  Do not worry.  You are loved and treasured.  What would be the most loving thing that I could do for myself now?

HP, please help me talk to myself as You would have me.  Help me to love myself and treat myself as You would delight in me doing so.


No comments:

Post a Comment